There are many ways that you can get involved at Shepherd’s Hill at the Crossroads.
- Gift Giving – check out our Donations Page for more information.
- Volunteering – see some of the opportunities below
You may enjoy Volunteering in many different ways:
- You could be a Pastor of the Week (POW) – We enjoy having the Pastors from the district take turns spending a week during the summer to relax! As a POW you will also preach at our weekly evening worship service, Sundays at 7pm.
- We also often need help with Maintenance and housekeeping, especially during the summer.
We hold regular Retreats that allow you to receive free room and board for helping out at camp. These Retreats include:
- SPRING CLEAN-UP Weekend
May 16-17, 2014
Come join us for a fun-filled weekend of cooperative effort to deep clean cabins, switch out storm windows and screens and clear trails of winter downed trees. Many hands make for light work. Please let us know who’s coming so we have housing and food for everyone. (Free)
- LUMBER JACK Weekend
September 19-20, 2014
The smoking port-a-potty (as Sarah and Tia Jensen call it) has to be fed all winter. Therefore we
need LOTS of WOOD! Bring your own chainsaw or use one of ours as together we cut our next year’s
supply of wood. We use wood heat to offset our winter heating costs and also need for campfires and
fireplaces around camp. We can also put a crew to work splitting the large pieces with our hydraulic
splitter. Since you’re helping us out, we will put you up for free. Please let us know who’s coming so
we have housing and food for everyone. (Free)
- Christmas Tree Decorating Weekend
November 21-22, 2014
We are excited to host several families and groups through the Christmas Holidays – therefore we need help to decorate the many buildings with trees and other décor for Christmas. Come join us in this task and in exchange we will give you free food and lodging. (Free)
- Outdoor Christmas Decorating
December 12-13, 2014
We like to make good first impressions – especially during the holidays. We string lights and put up garland and bows and deck out the outside if all the buildings. It looks like a postcard when we’re done. Come and help us – when we’re done we can sing some carols and drink some hot chocolate. In exchange for your help, food and lodging is on us. (Free)