There are many ways that you can get involved at Shepherd’s Hill at the Crossroads.
- Gift Giving – check out our Donations Page for more information.
- Volunteering – see some of the opportunities below
You may enjoy Volunteering in many different ways:
- You could be a Pastor of the Week (POW) – We enjoy having the Pastors from the district take turns spending a week during the summer to relax! As a POW you will also preach at our weekly evening worship service, Sundays at 7pm.
- We also often need help with Maintenance and housekeeping, especially during the summer.
We hold regular Retreats that allow you to receive free room and board for helping out at camp. These Retreats include:
- SPRING CLEAN-UP Weekend
May 20-22, 2016
June 3-5, 2016
Come join us for a fun-filled weekend of cooperative effort to deep clean cabins, switch out storm windows and screens and clear trails of winter downed trees. Many hands make for light work. Since you’re helping us out, we will put you up for free. Please let us know who’s coming so we have housing and food for everyone. (Free)
- LUMBER JACK Weekend
April 22-23, 2016
September 16-17, 2016
With 7 active fireplaces and an outdoor boiler – we need LOTS of WOOD! Bring your own chainsaw or use one of ours as together we cut our next year’s supply of wood. We use wood heat to offset our winter heating costs and also need wood for campfires and fireplaces around camp. We can also put a crew to work splitting the large pieces with our hydraulic splitter. Since you’re helping us out, we will put you up for free. Please let us know who’s coming so we have housing and food for everyone. (Free)
- Deck the Halls Christmas Decorating
November 18-20, 2016
We like to make good first impressions – especially during the holidays. We string lights and put up garland & bows and deck out the outside of all the buildings. It looks like a postcard when we’re done. Come and help us – when we’re done we can sing some carols and drink some hot chocolate. In exchange for your help food and lodging is on us. (Free)